Sunday, March 1, 2015

Galatians 2:20 - Simply Stated

Amazing GRACE Encounter

Galatians 2:20

I am crucified with Christ – Acknowledging my personal need for a Savior, I denounce my belief in myself, my ability to accomplish anything good, and my unbelief in God, and wholly trust (believe) in His accomplishments on my behalf, namely His finished work on the cross for the forgiveness of my sin(s) and His resurrection from the dead for my eternal life.

Nevertheless I live – I still breathe, eat, sleep, think, see, walk, speak, touch, feel, and relate as a human creature; but now I have purpose. I am the reason He came. I am the reason He died. I am the reason He lives. Now I have a reason to live - and this life is just the beginning.

Yet not I, but Christ lives in me – This earth-life is no longer mine, to enjoy entirely for personal reasons, but His, to live and accomplish His mission, in and through me, an earthling extension of Himself. He actually lives in me and I think it’s cool since He is the greatest influence of my mind - my thoughts, choices, and actions.

And the life which I now live in the flesh (body) I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me – I realize the remainder of my earth-life will not be a cake-walk but I know from my own experience that it will be much better than anything I could have ever done on my own. I don’t focus on sinning; I focus on living! But when I sin, I thank Him for having already forgiven me and for setting my feet on His solid footing. I continue to listen and learn as He relates His Love and Life in and through me to others. He is to be trusted as He continues to perform the work He has started in me.

© 2015 Michael Scroggs

No comments:

Post a Comment